I Wonder

I thought of you all day
Held your smile close to my heart
Along with the words you spoke.
Did you regret them in the light of day? I wonder
For I've thought of you all day
Held your smile close to my heart
And fell in love with those lovely words
Did you regret them when you rose from your bed? I wonder
For you have walked with me all day
In my mind and in my heart, where I kept your smile
And those three precious words
Did you regret them, when you washed your long beautiful hair? I wonder
For your smile carried me through the remnants of Allison
And the heavy rains she beat upon my shore
The words you spoke were a light in the darkness
Three wonderful words
And I wonder if you regretted them as you made your way toward evening
And found I was not there
Waiting for you...


ELAshley
061201.011045.1

0 comments: