Signposts

The rules of the game
Are changing
As they've changed each day
Of thirty-eight years~
I feel closer to an answer
Closer to an end
Though it's significance eludes me still
~It's the bitter pill I swallow
And I wonder how it will end
Will I find what I seek?
Will answers more palatable
Adorn the plate laid before me?
But it seems time is of no concern
To the concerns that plague me
The importance of such things
But trifles to a god that does not care

The house I've built
This body of evidence
~Evidence that I've made a mark
Must one day be laid aside
Marked by a marker of it's own
A signpost
Inscribed to describe
With a name that is my own

And Time
Friend or Foe?
Another riddle to ponder, I fear
I fear... Time

And the weathering of signposts


ELAshley
030299.1259.1
Revised:
060399.1236.1

0 comments: