Proximity

I used to believe proximity
Prerequisite to the mingling of souls
You’ve changed my perspective…
I used to think touch paramount
To love, and the sharing of love, between lovers
You have shown me otherwise…
I hear the smile in your voice
And feel the pain in your words
I feel the soul you share with me
As naked as the day you were born
How is it we
A continent between us
Can feel such trust?
How is it we
Baring our souls to each other
Can come to love?
Proximity?
You have shown me otherwise…

Souls are not bound, as are bodies
To a point of reference
On a geographical map
Nor should they be thought of
As bound by the laws that govern flesh
They are transcendent
Larger than human form
Which cannot hope to contain them
My soul lies beside you as you sleep
And it whispers to me in my dreams
Every wonderful detail
My soul’s arms ~ Such as they are
Hold you throughout the wheeling of stars
In a sky much like my own
We share proximity…
I feel your soul beside me when we speak
When I walk through my day…
Distance is all the separates us
The sun that shines upon you
Shines upon me
The stars that smile upon thee
Smile on me as well
The earth that carries you
Through the cold emptiness of space
Takes me with you
But most importantly
Our souls share a bond
That we have not as yet recognized
We are destined to love one another
And we wonder at this ~ How can this be?
We need only believe it is
For all else is madness


ELAshley
062801.013946.1

0 comments: