Dogs Day

..::In Eight Parts::..


Part II

"The Shape of Rain"


We marched through the rain
children soaked to the knees
two lines ~ boys and girls
stamping the torrent beneath our souls
They gave us no umbrellas
but marched us as to war
and drove like cattle ~ the hammer to fall ~
I could not now say why
but I remember...

I remember it was a lonely time
Words were stumbling blocks
Humiliation the tool of teachers
and peers alike, and I remember the book
found, and clutched to my chest
spawning hope within my heart
bestowing courage
gifting me dreams of the sea
sealing my love for her
as it sealed my fate and led me to you
down the long years, through
a labyrinth of corridors…

I love
because of what shaped me...
Love you ~ ever on
because of how you have
and will
shape my soul hereafter


ELAshley
030602.124545.1
Revised on:
090103.125247.1
Again on:
090405.012120.1
Finally on:
100105.123526.1

0 comments: