Obsession, Seduction -- A Candle Lit Parade

Light a candle on the doorstep
Let its flicker light the way
Turn out the porch light
~Let the candles light prevail
Say goodnight now to day

Light another in the front hall
Let its presence force a smile
Wondering where you are
And what you have in mind
Aching for you all the while

Light of candles on the staircase
Each step taken amid their glow
Follow the perfume
You left floating in air
To that place I’ve come to know

A single candle on the top step
A single stocking laid with care
Silk and satins strewn
~A candle lit parade
To your bedroom waiting there

Open the door to see you sleeping
Dozing naked in the light
One hundred candles
Making love to every curve
Of your soft skin in the night

Leaning in to kiss your shoulder
Brush a hand across your thigh
Whisper I love you
In your pretty little ear
And hear you softly sigh

Then draw in to your embrace
Take me deep into your soul
Let me fill you
Till spent and weary
Your womb burning as coal

Let the candles burn till morning
Let them burn while we make love
Nestled in your arms
I pledge my life to you
Sworn upon stars above

Could I ever be without you?
My heart find strength to beat?
When every waking thought
Is bent upon your love
When next our desires meet?


ELAshley
September 6, 2007
Revised:
103007.125206.6

0 comments: