Resonance

Some things resonate in the soul
A firefly's dance over flower strewn meadows
Cicada’s emerging from transparent shells
The sound of rain falling through trees
All these resonate
As does my love for you
A warm sensation touching the senses
Like an ancient voice calling,

        “Soul remembers
        What Body has forgotten…”

And a smile of recognition
Steals cross my mask

And I remember the song that oceans sing
In pounding rhythms upon the shore…
The feel of my lover’s hand in mine
And the sight of wet Atlantic winds
Combing her hair…
Making love with its scent on her skin…
The scent of restlessness...
Salt and turbulence…
All these resonate
As does my love for you…

Can you feel me?
Can you sense me lying close,
The softness of my breath upon your skin?
How my heart beats ~ pressed to your back?
Can you feel my body's heat
Radiating, penetrating through you?
Can you feel my hand at your thigh
Smooth, burning, moistening…?
Your flesh singing at my touch?
All these resonate,
Tells us there is life within reach,
Tells us there is something of beauty
Within sight, within sound, within scent, and touch

My soft whisper in your ear,

        “I love you…”

This too resonates
It is knowing what you will say
Before it is said
Catching your eye
From across a crowded room…
Reading your thought hidden in a smile…
Even my dreams of you resonate
They stir my soul upon waking...
Make me yearn for night again
And the closing of my eyes
That I might turn once more to dreaming…

And the dream of us…
Pledged to one another
Our lives happily shared
With the little ones we've made
The resonance of words
~ An offering of your lips
Telling me you carry our child…
The resonance of hearing,
With passions spent and in each others arms,
We did conceive…
The resonance of knowing
There will be life beyond our own…
All these resonate, true
But this is life at its purist
Wherein we choose, simply
To open our senses,
Our spirits, and our souls…
Where others dare not

You ask now if I shall run,
Having bravely shared your dreams,
And I reply,

        “I cannot…”

For your dreams they resonate in my soul
They are the stars by which I steer my heart
You are the firefly’s dance
I am the cicada in the throes of resurrection
We are the sound of rain falling through trees…

Together we resonate...
Become a holy delight
For that Ancient voice,
Who loves us, and
Reminds us in His love
Of what our souls now can never forget...
That we are one.

We are one



ELAshley
080101.121126.1
Revised:
092805.120311.1


..::Original Comments::..

firefly's dance...rain falling through trees...salt and turbulence... I am breaking all my pencils and throwing them away. I am burning my pages.
Posted by romantica on 09/30/2005 05:57:16 PM

You humble me, Dear Nicholas, but please do not throw away your pencils. Beauty is subjective; what I find mundane you have found beautiful.
Posted by MuslinOpaque on 09/30/2005 07:57:08 PM

0 comments: